If you have ever wanted to code an application with Angular this is your chance. Join us for a fun filled day of learning Angular in this hands-on workshop. You will go from 0 to 60 with your Angular knowledge and be able to create our own Angular applications by the end of this workshop. We will start with a new project and continue to build up the project until we have a full application at the end.
- What is Angular and the different parts that make up Angular?
- Angular CLI Overview
- Angular project layout overview
- Creating common components like headers, footers, and menus.
- Applying CSS to just a single component vs the whole site
- Creating new components (pages)
- Routing between components (pages)
- Calling an external http service
- Preparing your application for deployment
- Testing overview (if time permits and our brains aren't already full with Angular knowledge)
- Html and CSS
- TypeScript is helpful but we will cover the needed knowledge if you do not have any TypeScript experience
- Node LTS 6.x (https://nodejs.org)
- Visual Studio Code (https://code.visualstudio.com)
- Angular CLI (npm install -g @angular/cli)
- Create a new Angular project using the Angular CLI
- Open Command Prompt or Terminal
- Navigate to c:\ on Windows and ~/ on Osx
- Run: mkdir projects
- Run: cd projects
- Run: ng new ng2ws --style scss --routing
- Run: ng serve
- Open browser and navigate to http://localhost:4200 and you should see the default web page for your Angular application